2011 Ended with a flurry of activity and the opening of our own Brokerage – Active Adults Realty. After years of planning, education, finding just the right location, renovating that building, hiring the right team – an experienced Office Manager and a couple of great agents, we are ready to start 2012 with enthusiasm and lots of positive energy. This Tuesday, the Lewes Chamber of Commerce and representatives of the local business community will be here with the “Ribbon”, the big scissors and the local press to officially open our doors for business. I’ll be sure to post the photos to share this experience with all of you.
If you have opened your own business or been a part of a new venture, you know that it is exciting and scary all at the same time. As the Broker-Owner, the buck now stops with me!
So, here are my personal resolutions
- Stay Focused and continue to work with the people we know and understand – Boomers and Beyond or what the real estate world calls “Active Adults”. I firmly believe it is not possible to be all things to all people.
- Hire only agents who are Active Adults themselves that have been through many of the same challenges and understand our clients’ concerns.
- Keep it simple. Provide my agents and staff with the tools they need to get their job done and have fun working together. No long meetings and wasted time.
I could keep going but I think if we can accomplish these three things, we will have a great year in 2012. While I was writing this and watching the Today Show, Barbara Corcoran talked about the good news and opportunities in real estate for the New Year.
Barbara Corcoran said:
- 1 in 3 towns have hit bottom and are now on the way back up
- Interest rates will stay low
- 2012 will be know in retrospect for “missed opportunities” by those who waited too long to make a purchase decision
Financing remains the biggest obstacle to housing sales. But, if you have a 720 credit score or better and don’t need to borrow more than 80% of the appraised value of the home you want to purchase, you are golden and your New Year’s Resolution should be to buy that future retirement home in 2012.
Happy New Year from the Agents and Staff at Active Adults Realty!