Celebrate the 4th of July In Milton!
Enjoy a festive old-fashioned Independence Day celebration in Milton, Delaware. Activities will be held downtown from 11 am until 9 pm, including:
- Lydia B. Cannon Museum is open from 11 am – 2 pm. Admission is always free, and there will be free craft activities for children.
- Rising Sun Lodge No. 4 will be selling delicious barbecued chicken and fish with baked beans, green beans and potato salad from 11 am – 6:30 pm in Milton Memorial Park.
- A Japanese car show sponsored by The Cultured Pearl Restaurant and hosted by MOOD (Miata Owners on Delmarva) will take place on the lot next to the L.B. Cannon Museum at the corner of Union and Magnolia Sts. from 11:30 am – 2 pm. There will prizes and live music throughout the show. Irish Eyes Restaurant will be selling grilled treats at the car show.
- More excitement in Milton Memorial Park beginning at 3 pm with the Clipper Express providing free rides. Lemonade and funnel cakes will be sold by the Lion’s Club, and fun field games for children – potato sack race, spoon egg race, bean bag toss, ring toss, water balloon toss, and a bag race will take place.
- Patriotic songs performed by Foot Light Productions at the gazebo from 7 – 9 pm. This free concert is sponsored by Bob Willey & Sons, Milton Liquors and Salon Milton. Bring your lawn chairs, picnics and blankets.
What a great way to celebrate our independence and the USA!