Once in a while, a brand new client finds us online, comes down and purchases a home on that first visit. They often joke, “Well this must have been your easiest commission!”
But that rarely happens. Most of the time we hear from people that are considering a possible relocation when they retire and Delaware is on their list. They may also be considering other areas including the Carolinas, Florida, or perhaps retiring right where they currently live.
So, what does your REALTOR do?
When they are not with you or another client, there is a lot your REALTOR® at Active Adults Realty does to be ready to help you:
- Learn the area well. To us that means knowing each and every neighborhood that our buyers might consider.
- Research all the details that might not even occur to buyers, like the details of what is and what is not covered by the HOA or condo fee. Who owns the clubhouse and what happens when the community is built out?
- Which communities are FEE SIMPLE and which are Leasehold and what does that mean?
- If the community offers a clubhouse, pool and amenities, are they built yet? If not, what guarantees they will be built and when.
- How many pets can you have and what about fences?
- What are the differences between community or private water and sewer systems and municipal systems. There are so many different ways developers turn a farm or a corn field into an attractive community. What are impact fees and is there a Special Tax*? Who pays these fees and when?
- What will your actual settlements costs be? Is there a CAP Contribution (a WHAT?) and how is that allocated?
- Once you purchase, what will your costs be to live there?
In short, your REALTOR® works just as hard when he or she is not with you. How many people have you met that say “I tried real estate once, but …” The truth is people think being a real estate agent is easy. “I just love looking at houses so being a real estate agent would be fun!” It is FUN and it is SIMPLE, but it is not EASY. Every year I realize even more just how much there is to learn to be a good REALTOR®.