Learn what you need to know about house hunting during this Coronavirus pandemic.
Every state is different when it comes to house hunting during this Coronavirus pandemic so here are the facts about Delaware.
On March 22, Delaware’s Governor John Carney issued the fourth modification to his state of emergency declaration, in which, he ordered the closure of non-essential businesses in the state. Real estate offices were included in this list though agents and brokers were allowed to work from home and continue showings and other actions necessary to complete sales in final stages before the order was issued.
On May 5th, Governor Carney issued modifications that are great news for us and our out-of-state buyer clients.
- Potential buyers from out of state may make an appointment with an agent to come to Delaware to look at properties. Those clients must follow Delaware guidelines while here and leave Delaware after the showings and concluding business with their real estate agent.
This is what we have been advocating and we are pleased to share that news with you today. Your agent will fill you in on the rest of the guidelines when scheduling your appointment.
What does this mean to you if you are planning to relocate to Delaware?
So far, the interpretation of the Governor’s order means the following:
If you are under contract to purchase a home, whether it is a new home or a resale, you are permitted to come to Delaware for a scheduled “walk-through” and again for settlement, however:
- You must come prepared to self-quarantine for 14 days if you plan to remain in Delaware and bring all the necessary provisions with you. You cannot go to settlement and then on to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc.
- You may come and leave on the same day but you must have a copy of your contract with you to prove your visit to Delaware is allowed.
If you are not a Delaware resident, we can now schedule an appointment with you for a one-day visit to view homes in person (see NEWS ALERT above.)
If you are too early in your process to have identified the right location and the right community, much less the house you want to purchase, here’s what we can do to prepare for your post-pandemic visit:
- Virtual tours are available for almost all homes currently listed.
- Your AAR Agent can do live video walk-throughs of the house, the neighborhood, and community amenities.
- Provide you answers to many of your questions and begin to zero in on the communities and homes of interest to you.
- Plan ahead so even a one-day visit will be very fruitful.
- Schedule your one-day visit and make appointments to show you specific homes or communities.
We understand house hunting during a pandemic is different but we’re confident we have the right processes in place to help you continue forward. We’re here to answer any questions you may have. Please reach out and let us know how we can be of assistance to you. We want to help.