Active Adults Realty reviews their 2020 actual home contracts for homes in top-selling active adult communities. What’s selling in Delaware?
We’re halfway through 2020 and what a year it has been. It started strong and then we were hit with a pandemic. Despite th, Delaware is having a banner year and the variety of ctive dult communities is one of the reasons why.
We took a look at the top-selling communities based on actual contracts written so far in 2020, and here is what we found
- Independence, premier 55+ community located close to the Delaware beach resorts. The 24,000 square foot Independence Hall, one of the largest clubhouses, includes an indoor pool and a host of other amenities. There are only a few of the 435 lots remaining for new construction. The first homes sold in this community in late 2007 and any resale homes sell quickly when they come on the market. Learn more about Independence.
- Ponds at Bayberry South, in Middletown, has become the most popular 55+ community in Northern Delaware. Middletown is growing and rivaling the beach resorts, becoming a top choice for retirees relocating to Delaware from the Northeast. Learn more about the Ponds at Bayberry South.
- Coastal Club is not age-restricted, but many Baby Boomers are attracted to the location near the ocean and beach towns. The large clubhouse includes both an indoor pool and fitness center and well as a large outdoor pool, and many other amenities within this active adult community of 600 homes. Situated around a 42-acre nature preserve with 5 miles of walkways and trails, Learn more about Coastal Club.
- Heritage Shores, the largest 55+ community with the richest amenity package of any active adult community in Delaware. In addition to the 28,000 Heritage Shores Club, you’ll find a separate Fitness/Aquatic Center, an 18 Hole Championship golf course, tennis and pickleball courts, and more. Learn more about Heritage Shores.
- Bishops Landing, an active adult community with no age restriction is located so close to Bethany Beach that you can ride your bike to the beach. That plus the beautiful clubhouse and design of the community of 449 homes have made it the most popular one in the Quiet Resorts. Learn more about Bishops Landing.
- Vines of Sandhill is an exciting new planned community opened in late 2018, with a choice of 3 premier builders in a maintenance-free community that will feature a beautiful Lodge, state-of-the-art fitness center, yoga studio, but also a Wine Tasting Room! Learn more about the new Vines of Sandhill.
- Four Seasons at Belle Terre is the first Four Seasons 55+ community by K Hovnanian to be built in Southern Delaware. The clubhouse just opened and it is a classic Four Seasons facility with something for everyone. When complete there will only be 269 single-family homes on 124 scenic acres of mature trees and natural landscaping. Learn more about Belle Terre.
- Plantation Lakes is an all-ages community located in Millsboro, DE, built around an 18-hole Arthur Hills Championship Golf Course, with an impressive 26,000 square foot clubhouse and amenities. You can find single-family homes and townhomes in this community of approximately 800 homes. Learn more about Plantation Lakes.
- Seabrook is an affordable, cozy community of 114 homes being built by K Hovnanian in the Long Neck area of Millsboro, DE. The same models available here might cost twice as much in communities a little closer to the beach resorts. Learn more about Seabrook.
- Windstone has been around since late 2009, but housing sales were slow due to the effects of the great recession. Since D.R. Horton took over in 2017, sales of their single-family homes have been brisk. They offer new homes that are ready for immediate occupancy in a great location midway between Milton and Lewes, DE. Learn more about Windstone.
These are only 10 of the 126 neighborhoods currently featured on our website. We have something for everyone in Delaware, so let us help you find the right neighborhood for you.
These communities made our Top 10 in 2018, 2019, and 2020!
Are you planning to buy a home in Delaware? Download our free Delaware Home Buyers Guide. It’s your comprehensive resource to help you understand the buying process.