I think the secret has been out for a while. Delaware is the northeast’s top choice for retirement.
The top reason is taxes.
- No state or local sales tax! Did you know Delaware is only 1 out of 5 states with no sales tax?
- Delaware is consistently in the top 10 for the country’s lowest property taxes.
- Social Security benefits are exempt from taxes!
- For those 60 and over, you can exclude up to $12,500 of pension and other retirement income.
- Low income tax rates with a maximum of 6.6%
Other reasons include location, climate and our beautiful coastline just to name a few.
Most of our clients are deciding between Delaware and the Carolinas or Florida. In the end, they realize that Delaware is a short drive to grandchildren and other family and friends. Our beautiful beaches are consistently noted as one of the top 10 beaches in the country! Cape Henlopen State Park is my personal favorite.
The Bottom Line
More and more people have discovered the many benefits of living in Delaware. The above reasons are a very small tip of the iceberg to the benefits of living in Delaware. Call us today and let one of our trusted agents guide you through the process and help your retirement dream come true!