This is our 3rd post about one of the best times of the year throughout the state of Delaware, now spotlighting fall festivals taking place in November. Check out our earlier posts to learn about fun events in September and October. You can get even more detailed information about events happening in central and southern Delaware and Delmarva in the Cape Gazette’s Fall Festivals Guide.
- Rockwood Paranormal Investigation, November 5. If you’re still in a Halloween frame of mind in early November, sign up to explore the Rockwood Museum, an English-style country estate located in Wilmington and built between 1851 and 1854 by banker Joseph Stanley. During this event you’ll join experienced paranormal investigators as they search from the basement to grand rooms for ghostly hauntings with the help of sophisticated equipment. You’ll need your most comfortable walking shoes and will need to be comfortable with lots of stairs.
If you’re intrigued by Rockwood but looking for something a little less frightening, visit its website for other tours and activities.
- November weekends at The Market at Coverdale, Saturdays and Sundays. Located in beautiful Greenville, this market celebrates the final weeks of the fall harvest with fresh vegetables, pastured eggs, cheeses, breads, honey and more. It all happens on a working farm with more food options, hiking and activities for all ages.
- 18th Century Market Fair, Dover, November 5 . Visit Delaware’s capital city to experience the way locals in the 1700s shopped for goods and select all kinds of modern yet classic crafts and foods.
- Blue Hen Comic Con and Toy Expo, Dover, November 19. If you want to sport the “cool factor” with your kids or grandkids you can’t go wrong with this event celebrating toys, games, animation and all kinds of crafts.
Southern Delaware and Delmarva
- Delaware Resorts 55+ Expo, Lewes, November 5 . This is a fun and free event for all ages taking place at Cape Henlopen High School. It’s a great way to learn about all of the ways to live your best life from health and wellness firms, healthcare agencies, fitness programs, realtors, home builders and renovators and financial services providers.
- Rehoboth Art League’s 38th Annual Holiday Fair and Fine Craft Show, November 5 . The Rehoboth Art League’s campus is especially beautiful during the fall and it’ll be bustling with a variety of artisans offering artwork, jewelry, glasswork, ceramics and decorative and wearable fiber creations along with wonderful foods and beverages.
- Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival, November 7 to 23 . This is another major event well-suited to film enthusiasts. It features American and international feature films, short films and documentaries. Get the full schedule on the Film Festival website.
- Riverwalk Farmer’s Market, Milford, November 19 and 26. On Saturdays, Delaware’s oldest farmer’s market offers locally grown produce, meats, seafood, baked goods, prepared foods and handcrafted arts in beautiful downtown Milford.